Baby centipede, when do I separate?

Linda Landsman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I have only one baby left out of a whole clutch. Not quite sure why only one hatched. He has lost the white coloring. When do I separate from the mom, and then what do I feed him? I just don't want her to eat him. Thanks!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i seperate scolopendromorpha centipedes after they loose their white color. i have stolen a few while they are still white and they have grown up fine so it would appear that there is a range of time when you can seperate

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i seperate scolopendromorpha centipedes after they loose their white color. i have stolen a few while they are still white and they have grown up fine so it would appear that there is a range of time when you can seperate
that's the way i do it also,you start the baby on mealworms:)

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I have only one baby left out of a whole clutch. Not quite sure why only one hatched. He has lost the white coloring. When do I separate from the mom, and then what do I feed him? I just don't want her to eat him. Thanks!
hi! it's locke. a baby with its parent pede? great..! i envy you so much.
actually i have 2 haitian giant centipde juveniles. one is 10 and the other is 9.5cm. i named them, 'haiti red' for 9.5 and 'haiti brown' for the other. i don't know their genders. only hope they are maybe a couple for mating in future. i also don't know when it would come true. anyway they are very lovely except they are biting me. ^^;
take care.. -locke