Babie help!!

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ghaa!
she ate one! pluss 2 are dead! and one keeps crawling of her back and trying to run off! ghaaa

how long till thay molt?? now im freaking out!

allso thay are emps.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It should take about 7 days before they molt to 2I. You really can't do much except to try and feed the female and keep yourself from stressing her out.

hottentotta.ch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

Why you dont separate them??
Put them into a box with some toilettpaper. keep the moisture high!
That works fine!

Oli

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello,

Why you dont separate them??
Put them into a box with some toilettpaper. keep the moisture high!
That works fine!

Oli
They should only be removed from their mother after their first molt.

They depend upon her for food etc.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You spell baby in a humorous manner.

I would seperate them from the mother if this continues. I believe Telow has a stickied thread on VenomList about caring for first instar scorps.

hottentotta.ch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

There is no problem to separate them in first instar.
They molt without problems!
I made that 3 times now. 2 times with Buthus and one time with Centruroides. And all survived!
So I think they dont need their mother!

Oli

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
After the first moult @ I2 if left with the mom, just drop in some med crix (I used super worms too) the mom would chomp and crush the prey and leave pieces that the babies fed on (on occasions I'd drop in son pinheads too) The ones of I2 that I separated this is what I do / have done, is take pin head crix and chop off the back legs (so they don't jump) and remove some of the front legs and then drop in 1 per scorpling per deli cup every two days. (I separate out 1 scorpling per cup / enclosure) If the scorplings are really tiny, I'd just crush the pin head crix behind the head and leave it for them.

If I could only get medium to large crix or meal worms I'd chop them up (basically pre-kill) and leave them in the center of the cup for them to find and easier removal if they didn't finish them.

I would set up a deli cup for each scorpling in this manner: 1/2 full of moist coco fiber, lightly packed, then I'd push down a couple of holes with a chop stick around the edge (to make hides for them). I would also put a bottled water / soda bottle cap in for water. I placed the deli cups on the shelf with a couple of 50 watt IR lamps facing them and cover the whole stack of cups with a Towel. I had a temperature gauge in there to let me know the ambient temp of the area, and I'd keep it in the high 80s - low 90s °F. Every 2 days I'd take out old crix parts, change the water and dribble some water on the sub, to keep it moist.

Last edited:

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
shes eatingnother! ghaaa!

so far, 2 dead, 2 eaten:S this is my first breeding, but i have another about to give birth too! :(

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
shes eatingnother! ghaaa!

so far, 2 dead, 2 eaten:S this is my first breeding, but i have another about to give birth too! :(
Do you have deli cups? I bought mine here at this link for a good price.

If these are the same ones you posted about at the beginning of July, they should be at instar 2, that would be why they are leaving the mom.

Below is a pic of mine from my first birth way back in Feb, do yours' look like them? they were still a little whitish but still 2nd instar. And I seperated them soon after this pic.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yea thay look alot like them but thay havent left the mom yet, nor have i seen any sheding yet:S
yea thees are the only babie i have, about 2 weeks old now.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yea thay look alot like them but thay havent left the mom yet, nor have i seen any sheding yet:S
yea thees are the only babie i have, about 2 weeks old now.
The 'sheddings' looks like stringy egg whites left on the moms back.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think the removal advice sounds the best. It will be interesting if they survive once removed considering they were being eaten. If they are leaving mums back, it would appear the young are not deriving what they need from mum and so are seeking it out.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i found some shed skin, 2 or 3. and found 1 more dead, its probly for the beast as i chouldnt take care of them all. but still ahve atleast 15 left :p
any way, should i remove them or leve them be still?? how do i get them from the moms back

will thay eat after the first, or second molt?

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have to say i fill horid, out of say 20, so far 6 gave left the mom, 6 are still on her back.. about 3 are dead, it looks from i donno what, and about 4 whear eaten by her:S so it looks ill have around 12, that if no more die on me.... whats the useal death rate?