B.Vagans

Lego

Arachnopeon
My friend and I just bought these beautiful Red Rumps and thought we would share a couple of pics with the community.

Attachments

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
Cool deal......got 20 slings of B. vagans. Maybe one day they'll get to be that big!!

Lego

Arachnopeon
the first pic...the one in the dish is the male. he is mature and has already done a sperm web. the pic of the one in my friends hand is the female....she is very large and a beautiful example of the B. Vagans

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am totally impressed that your vagans will allow you to handle her - I don't mean to say that Diablo, my vagans, wouldn't let me handle him - in fact, he can hardly wait for the opportunity, so that he may then sink his rapier-sharp fangs into my flesh and make me scream like Little Miss Muffett before I fall helpless and prostrate on the cold hard floor. Which is exactly why I refuse to give him the chance - I must resign myself to balancing living vicariously through experiences like yours, with gazing upon your good fortune in a blend of sad envy and Killy-green jelousy! :(

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i love b.vagans i got two of them and they are fiesty!
but if you can wrestle them outside of their cage they are such sweet hearts.

what part of utah are you at?

Lego

Arachnopeon
@ killy and tindalos......both of ours are super chilled. the male is fast as hell so when you pick him up you have to be prepared for a nice creepy run up the arm and even onto the face but after the initial sprint he's actually quite easy to handle. We introduced them for mating tonight and things went great! after Adam did his thing with Eve we seperated them for about 30 mins then put him back with her and the second time lasted for about 10 mins. we will do it again in 2 days and then put her in a nice quiet room where she will hopefully be stress free and make us an eggsac. we got a video of it tonight but are going to try to get a better one in 2 days so we will post something for all who wish to see very soon:clap:

Lego

Arachnopeon
:razz:mad: killy and tindalos....our 2 are ver cool. the male is very fast and like to sprint up the arm even to your face but after the first run he is pretty easy to handle. @ tindalos...we are in cedar city. we introduced them for mating tonight and things went great... they did thier thing 2 times the first was pretty quick, only a few mins. the second time lasted for about 10 mins so we think he did a pretty good job. we will put them together again in 2 days to make sure she is fertalized well then we will put he in a room with less traffic so she will hopefully be stress free and produce an eggsac. got a video tonight but are trying to get a better one next time so soon we will have something posted for all who wish to see. thanks for all you input and come back soon for an update on Adam and Eve.:D
ooops...accidently posted twice

Last edited:

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
there is something about that male.... are you sure it is B. vagans?

I'm not trying to be funny but please check that this spider has tibia apophysis. it could well be Sericopelma sp. "rubronitens" (this species lacks the mating hooks)

Lego

Arachnopeon
@ metallica.... im very sure it is B. Vagans. he does have the tibial spurs and is actually quite good with them considering last night was his first try at putting them to thier intended use.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
... the male is very fast and like to sprint up the arm even to your face ...
The idea of Diablo, my Brachypelma vampirus, sprinting up my arm - or just plain sprinting - is quite simply TERRIFYING - he'd go directly for the jugular, are you kidding?!?!? Thanks Lego, that image should haunt me for many a nightmare to come!! :eek:

Lego

Arachnopeon
Hey no problem. Any time you need another let me know heheheh!

Lego

Arachnopeon
@ Tindalos....as a matter of fact we did. I liked joey and he seemed to have a great collection and he sold of this amazing mating pair for 100