B. Vagans Premolt?

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
Good day
I have a 4 inch female B. Vagans, she stopped eating about two weeks ago, webbed up the entrance to her burrow, not very active, actually barely moving at all, no curling legs, but what puzzles me is that she molted about 2.5 months ago, there's no bald patch on her abdomen, no hairless area at all, is she just fasting? Has anyone had the same happen to them, any insight to the matter would be appreciated.

Ps. I did use the search function and did not find the answer i was looking for...;)

Last edited:

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
Hey bud

You may want to tell the people the size of your vagans.;P

hagar

Clement

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she is probably in premolt, make sure she has a water dish available and wait!

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If the T molted two and a half months ago, I wouldn't have thought another molt is imminent (especially with a 4 incher). It may well be a fast. You'll just have to make sure the waterdish is always full and wait until the T decides to emerge. I've had Ts that would plug up their hides during the day, but emerge at night. I'd have been none the wiser if they hadn't left tell-tale signs like poop on the walls or sub in the waterdish.

On a side note, a bald abdomen is not a reliable indication of pre-molt IMO. It generally only means the T has seen fit to kick hairs for whatever reason. Far too many Ts molt with a full abdomen of U-hair for me to consider it a good sign of pre-molt :).

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
Thanks Londoner, I will keep that in mind, i hope it's premolt, it's always nice to have a fresh t ...

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
Update on situation: My lady molted last night 19/10/2010, she looks fantastic, no molt complications!