b.vagans pic

MVPCrawford

Arachnopeon
She's pretty skittich, I tried pushing her foot with a pen, and she bit it. She never reared up, so I guess it's possible that she was just thinking it was food. She's pretty quick though too. Enjoy

Attachments

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very pretty T!!!!!!!

=D ;P ;P I just love those Ts that are black velvet looking with the red hairs on the butt.... ;P :D

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I got my b.vagans as a tiny freebie - she's about 2" now and like yours very skittish. Since day one she has built burrows though and is much calmer when she has one. I tried keeping her on thin substrate so it would be easier to see her and feed her and she was a nervous wreck until I gave her back her "deep house".

Gail

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Our mature female isn't too bad. She can be a bit nervous at times, but is often quite calm. Some of our 15 juveniles aren't bad either, but others are very fast and very nervous.

Cheers,
Dave

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
calm vagans

My mature female vagans is pretty good about behaving. When she is in her burrow she bites and rears up and slaps intruding objects but once extricated she is sweet and docile. Before she was given room to dig, she was docile all the time; now, you have to convince her to come out and avoid getting impaled while doing so. That said I've held her many times, and have also held a B. vagans from a pet store whom I'd never dealt with before, just reached in and picked it up. They can be fierce at times but I think that gets overplayed a bit.

Adrian

MVPCrawford

Arachnopeon
My b.pallidum also bites.
My a.moderatum was skittish the first day, but has calmed down nicely.
My a.anax appears to be completely calm. It's also my biggest T at 5.5"