B.smithi not eating

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know, I know you've heard this a hundred times, but is there anything I can do besides wait and see? My 10 year old B.smithi will not eat, and she did not eat 2 months before her previous molt, and it's been at least 3 months since that last molt and she has not eaten since that either. She is still quite plump, and lost almost no abdomen size when she molted and appears to be totally healthy. I have a partially crushed cricket sitting RIGHT infront of her right now so hopefully she accepts that. Any advice besides wait and see?

P.S. she didnt lose any fangs or anything from the last molt.

Thanks,

Mark

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wait and see :)

as long as the T is looking healthy (no shriveled abdomen, no scrunched legs, no sloth-y moves) it should be fine...

smithi's do that sometime..

just keep an eye onit!

peace,
goodluck

dave

Slide

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL, smithis scare me. I've had a smithi spiderling for about 6 months now. It has not yet molted, and only eats about one cricket a month, no matter what I do. Yet, it's perfectly responsive, healthy looking, and seems to be in good spirits -- so I just let it do it's thing...

I'm starting to think these things have been learning from the rosies...heheheheh.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how about trying a different food item, pinky, wax worm, etc. to see if it sparks her interest....
Ed