B. smithi Egg Sac Problem

dalitan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
greetings fellow hobbyists. I have a B. smithi; she dropped her egg sac a weeks ago...and i need your help! The egg sac has a big tear and eggs keep dropping out of it every time she moves it... what should I do? should I try to seal the tear myself with her extra webbings? or should I just leave it be and wait. I'm worried that the rest of the eggs inside might not make it because of the tear... pls help me..THANKS!!!

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your best bet might be to take the sac from her and put the eggs in an incubator, wait to see what some others say though since I have not yet bred any of my Ts, I'm just going off other vids, posts I've read.

dalitan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she dropped her eggs sac last feb 17...do u think it's a bit early to take the eggs from her?..

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
if the eggsac is leaking and eggs are falling off plus its 14 days from the time the eggsac was dropped, then I think your chances are a little better if you pull it out now. Just manually incubate it and hope the remaining eggs are still good.

dalitan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
-

if i pull it out, should i use normal incubation?..or i must provide a mechanical mom?...usually in my past breeding i pull the eggsac after 20 or 23 days...this time its to early to pull it out..i still have 7 days before pulling it out normally...if i pull it out now from the mom, is it not too early?...

and which is more risky? pulling it out this early and incubate or leave it till harvest time..eggs still dropping from the tear from sac..though the color is still yellow, not black...

and lastly, with the tear from the eggsac, is there a chance or what's the chance that the remaining eggs from it will still develop?..

pls help me my fellow hobbyists...i need your helpful advice...

thank you so much

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In my previous experiences with badly wrapped/torn sacs...contamination is usually the deal clencher in its demise....the smallest speck of dirt/bacteria, or foren moisture, and the eggs go bad....the egg sac is created to keep the most fragilest of eggs safe....note how perfect the inside of a good sac is, after dumpin out a couple hundred healthy 1st instars;)....its sealed for a reason....so the longer they are exposed to "dirt" the sooner they have a chance at going bad....do what you must young padwon learner <ben kenobi voice, around clone wars era>....lol