B. Klassi Temperment

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

I was wondering what Brachypelma Klassi are like, the only Brachy I've owned was a Boehmei and it was constantly kicking hairs, not something I prefer...

Also any care/advice would be appreciated :D

Thanks!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are one of the more skittish of the brachypelma. They do calm down some as adults, but in my experience they readily kick hairs when bothered. They can be a bit faster as well, they like to run and hide when bothered. They are a must in your collection if you like brachy’s though. I don’t react yet to the hairs from them yet, but I am sure I will over time. Mine are always out in the open, and even though they are young I still love how they look. This is my 2.5" confirmed female.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what happened to the pink lol....mine are great not usually shy though:? i think jason and or joel had something to do with that lol or maybe these girls are acting like there given names: paris and nicole...j/k i haven't been haired yet and it doesnt seem that i will ever(fingers crossed)...mine love it when i mist, which i do at least once a week but other than that, pretty similar to smithi in care..in the wild they are located pretty close if not overlapping where smithis are found.....hope that helps

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
when looking for info, i suggest you use the correct name: Brachypelma klaasi.

good luck Eddy

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ah well that's what I get for copying the name off of a For Sale thread lol...

Are they more skittish or more hair kicker-ish than a Boehmei?

Thanks for the replies!

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have three and all three are sweet tempered, not hair kickers at all. Maybe just luck of the draw. But then again, my boehmeis don't kick so much either :confused: I find the boehmeis are the most likely to kick hairs and the auratum is the most skittish, by skittish, I mean the most likely to be found on the back of my t-shirt soon after leaving it's enclosure {D

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In my experience, these guys are fairly similar to boehmei, but maybe a bit more shy or reclusive. I've yet to have a boehmei take to a hide, but these seem to at least part of the time/molt cycle. They are also a good bit slower growing than boehmei.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My B boehmei is a really hair kicker than my B klaasi, the B boehmei when feels threatened or I do some move into her enclosure doesn't hesitate to kick hairs.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine is still a juvie, she does not kick, but she is skittish and seems a little nervous. She is very pretty, and I really like her. I'm assuming she will settle more as she gets bigger.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Mine was on its back when I left for work, I can't wait to get home and see it! It should be close to two inches now.