B.jacksonii with quite a mouthfull

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How's about this.
I had 3 of my female jacksonii's give birth not so long ago and i've been pretty busy with the young (theres over 70 in all that have gone L2).
Anyway one of the young that had left the mothers back decided he wanted to hop back on when i started rounding them up.
I tried to get him off but wasn't very effective as he kept running around the mothers body. I ended up putting that female back into the adult enclosure with the youngster still hiding on her.
I'll just say there's stacks of hiding places for such a little scorpion in the adult enclosure together with plenty of small food items in the form of wood lice and Trichorhina tomentosa.

Ok, to the point.
I had sorted a group of crickets out for the adults and had just threw them in to them when this little fella came darting out from under a bit of bark, ran over a stone, grabbed hold of the cricket, gave it a sting and started eating it.
Believe me this cricket was just as alive as the others when i threw them in and seemed to give up immediatly after it was stung.
Just look at the size of that cricket in comparision to the scorpion...!
I wouldn't have believed it if i hadn't seen it myself.
BTW. The jacksonii scorpling is late second instar and looks as if it's already starting to plump up ready for the third..
I don't know if it ate the whole cricket because it dragged the cricket under a peice of bark shortly after this picture was taken...
What a Gannet!

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!! {D Better watch out for this guy when he gets bigger! {D

Makes mine seem like wimps when they avoid a mealworm that's smaller than they are . . .

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is surprising just how big the food items can be they take down..formidable predator of the invert world. A meal that size should last the scorpion a while....supersize him...