b jacksoni female ate the males leg?

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I've been housing my pair of b jacksoni together since they got here, and I noticed today the male lost one his legs somehow! I'm almost positive he had all his legs when he got here, and now one looks as though it was snipped off a couple mm from the body. In the 5 or so days they've been here they have ate 2 large hoppers between the two of them. Is this enough? She is gravid, could it be that she is getting territorial coming up on birthing? I'm taking my male out and putting him into a separate enclosure. Will he continue to molt after maturity? WIll he ever grow his leg back? Or are scorpions like T's in the way that the males quit molting after reaching sexual maturity?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorps dont molt after reaching maturity, netiher of the two i sent you will molt. Id remove the male either way because the female i sent you was very gravid. The male has served his purpose, passing on his genes! as long as he can get around and stuff and still eats I wouldnt worry. Youll have plenty of babies to take his palce in no time. :razz:

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Scorps dont molt after reaching maturity, netiher of the two i sent you will molt. Id remove the male either way because the female i sent you was very gravid. The male has served his purpose, passing on his genes! as long as he can get around and stuff and still eats I wouldnt worry. Youll have plenty of babies to take his palce in no time. :razz:
It's his second leg from the back on his right side, he still seems to get around fine, but I've still moved him out into a deli cup for now. She's obviously not interested in staying with him at this point in time. How long is a mature male expected to live on for? If I pick up some more girls for him does he have enough days left in him to keep on doing his thing?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A female can produce multiple broods from a single mating and a male can mate with multiple females over time.

He should be fine.