B. jacksoni...enclosure question

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
ok...should be ordering my new pets sometime early this week if everything goes well. I went to the local Petsmart to find some decorations for the tank...didn't really have the cork bark i was looking for but they had some other stuff that would work equally as well (fake rock/wood...plastic/fiberglass or something). I bought two large pieces and figured i'd bring back the one i didn't like...turns out the larger one doesn't fit at all and the smaller one juuuuuust fits inside. However, it's tall enough that it comes within about an inch of where the lid would rest (screen mesh). I know that these are climbers and can get up to about 3"...i'm not too concerned with them getting on the lid, i'm more concerned about them getting up there and falling to the bottom (about 7-8" with the substrate in there, Jungle Mix). Are they injured easily or should i not worry too much about this.

I like the decoration but i won't be heartbroken if i can't use it lol...just have to go find something else, maybe even make a trip to Hobby Lobby to find some fake plants to add to it. thanks!

TresScorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I Have 3 jacksoni's in a 5 gal tank with cork bark glued to the walls of the tank they climb around alot they can get to the top of the tank , i have also seen one fall from the top about 6 inches and was fine just continued walking around , i think you should be fine with your decoration ..

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
thanks.

you mean it didn't get all indignant like cats do when they do something less than graceful? ;P

TresScorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She fell from the top and kinda used her pincers to brace the fall and just kept on moving , wasnt shook up or damaged from the fall ..

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
On the bright side they rarely fall, they have a very good grip.