B. Boehmei male question

magicmed

Arachnobaron
20161019_202156.jpg 20161019_202028.jpg

This is my big boy I got about 4-6 weeks ago along with a nice big female. I'll post a pic of her at the end of the thread to avoid any confusion. Now I didn't believe my male was mature, I thought and the seller thought he had another molt to go to mature out. My worry is he has not made a bit of Web in the nearly 6 weeks I've had him, sperm web or any other type. He's eating just fine on schedule, but refuses to use the hide provided and just wanders around out in the open all over the enclosure. So I'm rather confused and just wanted to post to make sure I don't wait too long and him ending up dying instead of molting to mature.

What makes me think his behavior may be normal premature behavior is the female has not laid much web at all down either, and also stays out in the open quite frequently, so I could just be paranoid over this species behavior, all my other T's are pretty decent webbers.

So whacha guys think? These were the best pics I could get at the moment without disturbing the hair storm too much. Am I just being a little too anxious?

The FEMALE is below
20160921_190721.jpg

Thank you for the time :)

cold blood

Staff member
Its not a heavy webbing species at all...no Brachy's really are....they also don't hide a lot, which is what makes them good display species.

Just look at his palps to see if he's mature.

An immature male won't act any different because he's male, even if he's penultimate....changes only occur after maturity.

ONLY mature males are capable of making a sperm web.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Its not a heavy webbing species at all...no Brachy's really are....they also don't hide a lot, which is what makes them good display species.

Just look at his palps to see if he's mature.

An immature male won't act any different because he's male, even if he's penultimate....changes only occur after maturity.

ONLY mature males are capable of making a sperm web.
Then I'm going to assume he's not mature yet and I'm jumping the gun, thank you! Just very excited :)