B. angustum and sabulosum

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I own one of each -both girls, same size. If the labels on their enclosures were to ever get mixed up I do not think I would ever be able to tell them apart. I don't even see how they differ from the vagans I have. They seem to be worth a good chunk of cash according to price lists I have seen. Guess you're just paying for the name rather than a unique spider. They just look like vagans to me.

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! what a coinicidence. I came in here to ask the *exact* same thing.

I just bought a breeding pair of B. angustum (I have a ling already but it's just now showing adult colors) AND a small (3.5") B. Sabulosum. I had no idea what the sabulosum looked like - it was just a bracky I didn't have yet. So I was suprized that both looked like eachother and like the B. vagans I have.

I was even concerned that something could be sold as the wrong spider... Because if I saw the sabulosum in a pet store I'd have thought it was a vagans.

Can anyone explane the *physical* differences?

Ie... "oh x spider lives here and y spider lives there" doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned. (I don't like "them" listing something a differernet speices just because there's a river or a mountain range or something between populations.)

Thanks!

- Sharon

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Habitat and locality differences apply. I am not questioning the science behind their current species status. Just amazes me how similar-looking they are to one another and to vagans. So similar that I would feel somewhat uncomfortable selling them because I can't say for certain that the buyer would be getting the correct species. Glad I am not the only one baffled by these two t's. I don't see much discussion about these two t's in the boards. Thanks for the reply. same Ts and join date too woo hoo
!

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well it's weird to me that snakes can have "color forms" though *I* can tell a difference in snout shape between malistic and normal garters of the same "spieces" (for example) and that snakes can have sub-species...

But tarantualls every little difference BOOM it's a new speices... oh well.

I just want to be able to tell them apart. :)

And I totaly didn't notice the join date. lol. Even if it isn't down to the day.

I bought my very first T 2/2006... a rose hair sling. and I found the care sheet on here. So I decided to join.