B albopilosum molt

ChanTheMan

Arachnopeon
So, on Monday I saw that my B. albo had molted! However, I can't extract the molt, bc it's in her underground highway of tunnels. Is she going to pull it out? If she does, I still might not be able to extract it, because the entrance of the hole is inside the cork bark, and the cork bark entrance is piled up with dirt. Good thing I have a tiny hole on top of the cork bark that I can feed it through, tweezers don't go all the way through though.

ronoverdrive

Arachnopeon
Don't worry, when they get tired of having it in their burrow they'll eventually toss it out. Unless its become a mold source I wouldn't get too worried. Spooders have to contend with this in the wild and the spooder knows best.

ChanTheMan

Arachnopeon
Don't worry, when they get tired of having it in their burrow they'll eventually toss it out. Unless its become a mold source I wouldn't get too worried. Spooders have to contend with this in the wild and the spooder knows best.
Oh, I didn't really need to make this thread, yesterday she dragged it out! :smug:

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
In reference to the mold thing, a little bit of mold is fine. Some people even say that a lot of mold is fine (not sure if I believe that).

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've never seen a molt mold and I've rehoused a lot of Ts who horded molts down in their burrows. In my M.balfouri communal, I found 8 molts of various sizes in their burrows/tunnels when I rehoused. None were molded and all looked like they could have been shed the week before.

They will clean up if they need to but no need to worry about a molt molding IMO.