B.albopilosum fangs are not working :( *video*

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've watched the video numerous times now and observed the contour of the fangs on my own Ts. What I noticed is that your T's fangs have a sharper inward curve towards the mouth. 0010-0015 and 0341-0344 those fangs should be FULLY visable, as if poised to strike in a defensive stance.

Example:
A T generally has aprox. 45 degree curve to the fangs, assisted by the chelicerae will turn into a 90 degree angle to house along the mouth. Much like a cat's claws.

Your T seems to have it's fangs at nearly a 70 degree angle: Notice in your pictures, (specifically #2) the tips of the fangs are sheated deeply inside it's mouth (at about the half-way point). That should not be happening. Picture #1 is the normal appearance with relaxed chelicerae. I believe there could be many things that happened:

1) Broken fangs regenerating wrong due to the lack of protective housing (old fangs) to assist proper regrowth.
2) Upright moult where the weight was placed heavily on the fangs
3) Laying on rough, uneven terrain on that specific spot after a moult, shaping them wrong durring the hardening process. (Was she laying on peices of wood/rocks/water dish where she placed pressure on her fangs?)
4) Just the bad luck of the draw. Sometimes 'Thingsus Occurus' and we dont know why.

Just my two cents based on my own observations. Someone please review the video with the information I've relayed, and give a 2nd opnion?