B. albopilosum and A. Avic sling care

Iggy22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am familiar on how to care for the adults, but slings can be tricky. I know the B. albopilosum throws hairs and the avic. avic.'s are arboreal.

I was wondring how to specifically care for the slings of these two t's. I don't want to make too many mistakes.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
these are both pretty easy to take care of

albo are fall down easy. just feed them periodically. full stop.

the avics are going to require periodic watering. they do not need constant humidity unless you are running a heater full blast. i water mine er, sometimes, and they do fine. truth be told, the only avics slings (of avic, versi, and metallica) i have trouble with are ones that don't get fed for 6-8 wks (hiccups in my feeding system. *sigh*)

i would try to water the avic slings at least once a week... but i really and truly think they need periods were they aren't in wet substrate containers 24/7 so try to either time or size the waterings so that their sub is basically dry before you water again

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they are both pretty easy to keep, when they are babies,keep them in small containers(easy to monitor them) seperate of course{D moist substate(when they are babies they can dehydrate pretty fast, light misting 3 times weekly,good ventilation(holes not too big enough for them to escape) feed 1pinhead crix about 2-3 weekly if they want more give them:drool: the b.alb.will most likely burrow in the moist substrate,while the avic will make a web on the top of the container(inside the rim)so be careful when you open to feed/water,ofcourse when they grow they can go into bigger alittle more dryer enclosures,ive raised alot of babies this way and they did outstanding,hope this little info helps:)

Iggy22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a hard time getting a hold of pin heads. Can i just rip the heads off the crickets and throw them in there?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree with everyone else. The avic requires more moisture than the albo. Feed appropriately sized prey to each once a week, mist the avic 2 to 3 times a week, and the albo 1 to 2 times a week. With the albo try to keep one side of the deli cup dry and one side wetter, then it can choose its humidity.
They grow quickly too. Both of mine got to breeding size from small slings in about 18 to 20 months.
As already stated the avic will web near the top usually right under the lip of the deli container, be careful opening it. The albo will most likely tunnel, dig, and do a lot of earth moving, don't worry if you don't see it all the time.
Yes, you can remove or crush the head of a larger cricket and feed that to smaller slings with no problems. You can also cut worms into small sections, and for really tiny little slings you can feed cricket legs.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a hard time getting a hold of pin heads. Can i just rip the heads off the crickets and throw them in there?
oh definitly! right now ive got p.ornata and when it was tiny it was eating pins,but when i ran out,i just took freshly dead crix from my cricket tank(i keep large crix for my large spiders) and threw that in it just crawls down when it wants to and eats it,and now it's about 1"and a half and it is eating large dead crix! amazing what they can eat.