Avicularia versicolor

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I usually set up enclosures like this for all of my Avicularia versicolor. This time, the cork bark pieces were a tad bit too big. I anchored them so they can be removed easily if they grow mold. I want to allow room so that a juvenile or bigger could web all around the back and front side of the enclosure. It seems bare right now though. Should I hot glue some fake plants to the bottom side of the cork bark? I want my spiders to feel secure. Let me know what I can do to improve.

IMG_1971.JPG

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Check out the YouTube video of Jamie setting up here arboreal sling enclosure. She shows and easy way to add some foliage to the cork bark that looks real nice.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I usually set up enclosures like this for all of my Avicularia versicolor. This time, the cork bark pieces were a tad bit too big. I anchored them so they can be removed easily if they grow mold. I want to allow room so that a juvenile or bigger could web all around the back and front side of the enclosure. It seems bare right now though. Should I hot glue some fake plants to the bottom side of the cork bark? I want my spiders to feel secure. Let me know what I can do to improve.

View attachment 229850
If your cork bark grows mold, your Avic will probably die, as cork bark is the most mold resistant product generally carried for exotics ;) SO if your bark has issues, man, your T is in serious trouble.

I'd take a few plastic plants, put them into a few vent holes at the top a bit, you can hot glue the stem into the vent hole. And you'll be good to go.

You don't need that much sub, more won't hurt mind you.

If you put plants at the bottom of the cork, it will likely encourage the T to make a tube at the bottom along the sub. Though I've seen them do that w/out plants too once in a great while.

You can't predict what or where they will build webs ;)

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Of course! Usually mold isn't a problem for me, only happened once. This is just a preventative measure to allow a replaceable cork bark in case anything happens. I'll take some substrate out and add more plants toward the top.

ultraspider

Arachnopeon
Clicked accidentally...it's nice I'm looking for something for my 3 Avics they're still alittle small

JavaJacketOC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love these setups for small arboreals...they last a long time for smaller species.