Avicularia versicolor eating a cricket (Pic Heavy)

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Got some shots of my Avicularia versicolor eating a cricket this morning, thought they would make a cool set of pictures to show how they wrap em up and eat them....

Looks fairly tasty anyways....

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW she is beautiful!!!!!:D:clap::drool::} And this sounds kind of sick but.... It's pretty cool to see the mangled cricket wrapped up in her web!!

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've entertained many sick thoughts in my lifetime, and your post is very tame by comparison.

sorry :/

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is a looker! Great pictures. They are so clear you can see the mites on her...

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is a looker! Great pictures. They are so clear you can see the mites on her...
Well spotted sir....

Yeah, if they are mites they will most likely be off the cricket, just as well that new batch of crickets will be arriving in the morning huh?

:cool:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well spotted sir....

Yeah, if they are mites they will most likely be off the cricket, just as well that new batch of crickets will be arriving in the morning huh?

:cool:
They could have came from the crickets. Nothing to really worry about. I mean, I would dry her enclosure out to get rid of them. But they are not harmful to her.

From the way it looks, she dont have them to bad. But I personally would get rid of them before they get worse.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They could have came from the crickets. Nothing to really worry about. I mean, I would dry her enclosure out to get rid of them. But they are not harmful to her.

From the way it looks, she dont have them to bad. But I personally would get rid of them before they get worse.
Yeah, that's exactly what I plan to do. :cool:

Looks as though the birds in the garden are going to have themselves a cricket feast then :}