Avicularia Versicolor (Antilies Pink Toe)

Denver188

Arachnopeon
Hello,
New Tarantula owner here. I just purchased a Antilies Pink Toe, I would like to know if any one has/had them and if so are they hard to keep?
My set up is a 5 1/2 gal reptile tank, with cocconut chips as the substrate with a layer of moss on top. I have fixed a 1/2 cocco nut shell to the upper poetion of the tank, and a broad leaf plant (fake). I have read different care sheets that say the temp should range from 70 to 85 degrees and the humidity in the 80-85% range. oh also to keep the Heat just right I have a ceramic heat bulb suspended about 10 inches above on end of the tank, seems to be doing the trick. My main question is "am I doing it correctly?
Thank You

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't have an A. versicolor, but I would probably ditch the heat bulb.
Whats more important is to have a supply of clean water for you tarantula to drink from and help keep the humidity up.
What size if your tarantula? and how long have you had it.

Infinity

Arachnopeon
I might ditch the heat lamp, also...

Depending on how warm you keep your house, room temp air should suffice as long as the humidity is good. I've heard a few too many "baked bug" stories to trust 'em. :eek:

Denver188

Arachnopeon
Reply to rknralf and infinity

Thanks for the info, also its a spiderling bout the size of a quarter. My room/house is typically 50-60 degrees, don't use the heater that much. I think its too small for a water dish, so i mist it once-twice a day, also this will be the second day I've had it and its has eaten 2 2wk old crickets.
Thanks Again,
Denver