Avicularia versicilor egg sac

Lionel852

Arachnopeon
20170519_141619.jpg Hi. I had a question about My female A.versicolor made an egg sac about 10Days ago, but I was wondering n why or how? I never paired her with an other male or neither did the guy who had it before.
Last time. She molted was last November. she's already at adult size.
I'm a bit of a. Noob and wasn't sure what to do now except wait longer and get that sacrifice open . So. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys. :)

Sorry if. Can't see much on the picture. This lady is quite messy

Attachments

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
It is most likely a false pregnancy by the female, so she's more than ready to be paired, I know this doesn't help much but there's not much more that can be said pal......

Lionel852

Arachnopeon
It is most likely a false pregnancy by the female, so she's more than ready to be paired, I know this doesn't help much but there's not much more that can be said pal......
Thanks man. That's all I actually needed to know. Was. Just a bit worried because she hasn't come out of the corner for a while and refuse food. Maybe something was wrong with the cage and was. Gonna clean it until I saw the egg sac. Thk you buddy

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
No worries pal, I'm sure you got the shock of your life and were like what the heck, it is just one of those things pal, I meant to say your best to pull the sac now for the spiders sake, she'll become more and more defensive the longer it is left with her, maternal instinct and all that, hope she doesn't put up too much of a fight.......

Lionel852

Arachnopeon
No worries pal, I'm sure you got the shock of your life and were like what the heck, it is just one of those things pal, I meant to say your best to pull the sac now for the spiders sake, she'll become more and more defensive the longer it is left with her, maternal instinct and all that, hope she doesn't put up too much of a fight.......
So I guess I will pull the sacrifice then. I thought I should wait bit more then ten days? Also after I pull it, is it OK to clean the entire cage? Or I should wait a few days? Kinda messy inside

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Any advice how to remove it safely from her?
If she hasnt been paired then it wont be fertile. I would suggest removing with tongs. She may put up a little bit of a fight, though its not particularly difficult with this species.

Lionel852

Arachnopeon
If she hasnt been paired then it wont be fertile. I would suggest removing with tongs. She may put up a little bit of a fight, though its not particularly difficult with this species.
So I should just pull it out from her? She won't let go lol and don't want hurt her

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
She will let go eventually. Just be gentle and patient. Pull slowly and she will eventually release

Lionel852

Arachnopeon
Just realized maybe the seller bullshit me. And did paired her before I got her?

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
How could that be, after what you wrote the eggs should be sterile, I would put them in an incubator, temps @ 80F and humidity 80%, turn them twice a day, and wait for eggs with legs, this has really stumped me as they look like good viable eggs, use a tub with clips that close the container, take the lid and cut out all but the edges that attach to the base, stretch panty hose over the lid and put it on the container, fill the container with water and let the humidity and temps come up to what they should be, put the eggs on the incubator and put the incubator inside another container. Hope I've covered everything if not I'm sure a more experienced member will set you on the right path, hope this helps...........