Avicularia sp. "Aurora" - Any adult photos please?

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
From what I can tell, it is already taking years :D
Yep, that genus is one big mess, and should take a long time to sort out. It will be nice once published and peer reviewed but it still won't hold any real merit to our "Hobby form" specimens. Also, there are still a lot of undescribed species that will be left out of their revision.

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
But....when? How long are we waiting for Fukushima's revision of the Avics?
There's a lot of material to look at, text and preserved specimens, and it's not all in one handy location. Revisions on large genera are a long term project. I just glad someone had the tenacity to take it on.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even if it's a mess. Hobbyists aren't taking the time to learn the difference in the species. It's NOT hard and I'm getting sick of these hybrid breedings because hobbyists won't or don't care to take the time.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
That registry sounds lovely. You'll have to let us know about that. Of course then we have to talk our spouses into registering for tarantulas instead of glaring when they realize the number of containers on the shelf has somehow mysteriously doubled.

Eeeee sorry babe, I bought my own wedding gifts. Also, I sold your car but we got 15 h pulchripes and the first import of t costae! Isn't it great!