Avicularia juruensis M2 Enclosure

Buggrt

Arachnopeon
I've had an Avicularia juruensis M2 sling for about a month now and it still seems to pace around the top of the enclosure, occasionally falling. I'll attach a photo of the enclosure, but I have a water dish for it, mist it in case it wants to drink off the walls, and feed it regularly. I thought the enclosure would be fine since my C. versicolor adjusted well to basically the same enclosure. It will sometimes sit in its web structure, but I commonly see it walking around around the top and falling down. I'm not sure if I should change something (add more fake leave or cork bark) or if it is common for them to just go for strolls, so I was looking for some opinions. Thanks.

Attachments

Eggiess

Arachnopeon
Pretty normal when they want to explore/are looking for food. Not too sure about slings though. There is never enough substrate though, so feel free to add more if you're worried about the sling falling again.

cold blood

Staff member
The set up isnt quite right...There should never be plants on the ground, the plant needs to be at the top of the wood, and in direct contact with the wood. The top is where this t will want to live and cover needs to be provided at that elevated position. Ideally, I would also use a larger piece of wood that reaches closer to the top.

pongdict

Arachnosquire
Yes definitely more hiding spots and anchor points at the top. That way it can hide and web more at the top.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Arboreals don’t need a lot of substrate since they live in trees. Fossorial and terrestrials require or prefer alot of substrate. More foliage on the top should do the trick. Remember that this is an arboreal tarantula they will always be attracted to the top of the enclosure.

Buggrt

Arachnopeon
From general consensus, I will add more foliage near the top/next to the cork bark and see how that goes. Thanks.

Overkill, better, worse?

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All you need is a cork slice at a 45 when they are small

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
they work better when they aren't on their sides :happy:
yes, plants near the top