Avicularia diversipes post molt.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
So my avicularia diversipes molted a few days ago, never the most active one but i have seen it sitting in this position all the time: 20161109_183710.jpg
That pic was 4 days ago, i just removed the molt, refilled the water dish and sprinkled some droplets on the web.

Reminds me a bit of @Storm76 with his A. amazonica in his avic care youtube video. it just strikes me as odd that this diversipes is always in that position.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I have a mystery Avic that does the same thing. Sits in its tube web in one position. If it moves, it waits until I'm not looking lol.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
So my avicularia diversipes molted a few days ago, never the most active one but i have seen it sitting in this position all the time: View attachment 224810
That pic was 4 days ago, i just removed the molt, refilled the water dish and sprinkled some droplets on the web.

Reminds me a bit of @Storm76 with his A. amazonica in his avic care youtube video. it just strikes me as odd that this diversipes is always in that position.
I find my diversipes chilling in this position pretty regularly. Not sure what it means, but I'm assuming it's standard fare. Congrats on the successful molt!

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
It has a tiny abdomen, it has a waterdish but its fangs (a bit hard to see, they don't look at prominent), look still red.

Onrelated question: i have never used spagnum moss, how it this to provide water/humidity to slings who are too tiny for waterdish?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I don't use it myself but I believe I've read it can accomplish hydrating small slings. Maybe that's water droplets on it that I'm thinking of. I know regular soils/coco-coir can hydrate them if it's moist.

That is an odd position, I am unfamiliar with Storm's amazonica and the background there, but it looks like the usual "I'm afraid/can't hide/it's too bright" pose. I have Avics that sit in their tube webs but they're rarely bunched up that tightly. I have three diversipes slings under 1" that I've had for almost two weeks so I'll try to remember to take notice of their preferred poses as they grow.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
how it this to provide water/humidity to slings who are too tiny for waterdish?
Ts can actually drink water from substrate that is wet as well. You have to remember water on moss or sub doesn't disappear. It's still obtainable generally speaking, not by humans, but by animals with smaller mouths. It's all relative.

I've never owned a sling too tiny for a dish. Always provide a dish.