Avic Slings

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Plus when they get a little bigger I have had a few push off their lid and escape. So I also have been doing my avic and pokie inclosures upsidedown as well.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm assuming that you are both attaching your cork bark to what is now the top, so when you lift off the long piece the bark comes with it, correct?

I may try this when I move my cambridgei slings up a size.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I drill them, but the trick is to do it "gently". Don't apply any real pressure, and let the bit cut it's way through. At $2 apiece, it's probably worth it to buy an extra pair in case you make a mistake on the first one...

I believe some folks also use hot nails or soldering irons to melt holes. I have no experience with this other than to recommend you do it outside due to the fumes from the melting plastic.
The best way I have found is to drill a small "starter hole" with a small bit and then drill with the larger bit.

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm assuming that you are both attaching your cork bark to what is now the top, so when you lift off the long piece the bark comes with it, correct?

I may try this when I move my cambridgei slings up a size.
I put a small nail trough the to and pushed the cork bark on. That way when I lift the top off the bark and spider can stay perfectly fine where they are.

Fayt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is a few pics up my A. avicularia enclosure. Mind you this is for a sling and I as of yet have not found small enough fake plants to fit it as it is roughly 1.5"T x 3"W it was a toothpick holder to begin with that I found at "Albertsons". But it's a basic idea if you have a small sling like mine. I do agree to even an adult avic though the Exo's are a bit large and open for such T.

Thanks ScorpionFanatic, I will look into those tooth pic holders.

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks ScorpionFanatic, I will look into those tooth pic holders.
They were $2.50 a piece so not as cheap as others have found, but the Michaels near me didn't have many options for T's as small as mine. But they work quite well for all my slings. Just flip them the other way and work great for my terrestrial tarantulas.

Attachments