Avic questions

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I need to know a little bit more about my avic because he seems to be drastically different from all my other Ts. First, he is very very sedentary and I only see him move when it's way early in the AM and even then it's not much. He's also a very picky eater and very hard to feed and at the moment is refusing food. I'm hoping he is in premolt but I'm not sure how to tell with this species. It sucks because even my rosea moves more than him.... will this ever change? Is there a way to feed him more successfully? And how can I tell he's in premolt?

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My A.Avic doesnt run around the cage all day either.....probably just more active in the middle of the night, when you cant see it.

Yeah, yours is most likely getting ready to moult....mine stopped eating a month and a half before she moulted. As long as it looks nice and healthy, it's probably alright.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Avic seems to only eat when food is right infront of her...she doesn't seem the type to go chase the grub, see if you can perhaps bump a cricket or something closer to the T?
Of course it could be pre-molt...

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have 4 Avics, 1 A. Avic and 3 Versicolors. They behave in a similar manner.
They are all in small vertical setups, they range in size from 3-4 inches. I have
had them since they were tiny and have never had a problem with them.
Avics build tube webs usually near the top of the enclosure. The more
elaborate tubes may have an exit at the bottom on the substrate. They
generally feed in the evenings, usually when you are not watching, in other
words they can be a bit secretive. Mine don't have a water dish but they
are misted every other day. When a cricket is still in their enclosure over
2 days they may be going into pre molt.