avic pink toe

arachnokid6

Arachnopeon
well my pink toe is not eating shes fat and doesnt move much she moves only a little does it sound like shes in pre molt?

arachnokid6

Arachnopeon
the abdomen is fat with barly any hair on it looks darck purple and is always on the wall

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question too about weird Avic behavior. My pink toe seems to be webbing a whole lot right after he takes a cricket. Maybe I just didn't notice before, but he sure seems to do it a lot now. Is it normal for Avics to spin around and do a little dance and web all over with a cricket in its mouth?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question too about weird Avic behavior. My pink toe seems to be webbing a whole lot right after he takes a cricket. Maybe I just didn't notice before, but he sure seems to do it a lot now. Is it normal for Avics to spin around and do a little dance and web all over with a cricket in its mouth?
Perfectly normal. Most tarantulas also do this to wrap their food as they inject their digestive juices, I believe it sometimes get called "The Happy Dance"*.....

*Or did I make that up??? :?

grayhound

Arachnosquire
dark

If it looks dark, then its most likely premolt. Most of the avics that I've had as slings are very pink post molt, and darken up a lot in premolt..... Thats how I can tell they are going to molt.... they start to look purple like you mentioned above...