avic. Or former Avic. And fish?

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
Been watching some of Pure exotic's vid on you tube. The enclosure set ups are stunning. How practical do you think the enclosure is in this vid? I would be concerned with the spider falling into the water..

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Been watching some of Pure exotic's vid on you tube. The enclosure set ups are stunning. How practical do you think the enclosure is in this vid? I would be concerned with the spider falling into the water..
Why? They swim quite well and the waxy coating on the exo helps repel water. Ive seen the video before i like there set ups. H. gigas will actually dive underwater to look for prey
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tarantula+swimming

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Gorgeous setups as usual. A few things

1. If the tree fern panel is the type I'm thinking of, it's actually very hard to get because it's harvested from a place that has a very limited supply, in short, at the rate of harvesting, it will be gone in the future. The prices have risen for it.

For the T....

They do swim, there's a great video of an Avic that is swimming in a river in S. America.

With that said, I wouldn't put my treasured Avic over 100% water, why risk it? Are you willing to bet ie take the chance (w/out your pet having any say in the matter), that IF your T drops into the water it will survive with no ill effects downstream?

If you can minimize threat to their life, do so. After all, their life is in YOUR hands.

Now if it that H. gigas, that's a different story, and it would be a different setup too.