Avic molting...

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Just caught the tail end of one of my Avic's molting. This is the avic I posted about being way more brown and fuzzier than my other A. avic's. Can't wait to see the post molt colors for a better ID. Probably just another A. avic, but still one of my favorites.

Attachments

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hope the molt comes out ok, I would be interested to see the post molt pics and see what the new coloring is also. What other Avic's do you have?

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
I'll have to get new batteries for the camera. I tried to take a few post-molt and the camera was dead. Anyways, the spider looks exactly like the photo there. It's an aqua type blue with white tipped fuzzy hair all over. Really striking in color! BTW, I have 10 other avics (not including this one) and they are all Avicularia avicularia. None of them look like this one though.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pic, man..

boy, its amazing to see how white and rubbery those fangs get :)

post-molt! post-molt! post-molt! ;)

pce
dave

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by rob
It's an aqua type blue with white tipped fuzzy hair all over. Really striking in color! BTW, I have 10 other avics (not including this one) and they are all Avicularia avicularia. None of them look like this one though.
That makes me think this one is a metallica ...

Dennis