Avic Hurriana pic...

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Had a pic of my adult female Avicularia hurriana pulled up and thought it might be enjoyed. I've heard rumors of them being bitey but not this big fuzzy teddy bear of a girl.
Phil

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Excellent picture as are all of them! I really like the spider too. Thanks!

Heesheesmom

Arachnopeon
I really like your spider. I don't have a huriana, but I have an
Avic. avic and an Avic. versi. They're not bitey at all. My A. versi is just a tiny little gal, but my A. avic is 3 inches long, and she isn't a bit bitey. She did slap me once, but never has bitten, or offered to bite. They're both little spazes, and jumpy, but are sweet tempered. : ) Cheryl ;)

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Hi Cheryl :) And yes what a fuzzy A.hurriana, kinda cool fuzz but I bet she walks around thinking it is a perpetual "bad hair" day a times. =D Great looking T !!!

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice photo, nice spider. I've thought of adding one of these to the collection because they are just so fuzzy, any chance you get to see them more than other avics? ;)

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry Code Monkey but....

I don't get to see her any more than any other avic. Probably less actually but she has a big hollw log that she lives in inside her 15 gallon tall home. Here's a male trying to entice her to come out for a little action. I pretty much see her out looking for food when I come in 1st thing in the morning but after the light has been on for a few minutes back in the log she goes. I can't really blame her it's a perfect spot for her.
Phil