Avic enclusure -- too small?

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, after putting my new A. metallica in her enclosure, it looks a little small to me. She's almost 6", and her home is 7" x 7" X 13". I went to get her an Exo Terra mini tall today (12" x 12" x 18"), but the store was closed and I came home empty-handed...and, when I looked in on her, I noticed she'd webbed up the corner behind her cork bark and made herself at home.

I want to give her enough space, but I also hate to mess up her nice new web. What do you guys think? I can always use the enclosure she's in now for one of my slings when it gets bigger, so I don't mind having to buy a larger one if need be.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks pretty comfy to me and most Ts...even the avics don't need as much space as you think. Rule of thumb is about 4 times their leg span. I just got my friend a 5" A. Metallica and she's in that same 7 x7 x 13 and it seems plenty for her. And like yours she hangs in the alcove behind the cork bark...lol. I wish I had pics cause I thought I was looking at a pic he sent me of his...lol. Same spot...same position...lol

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you all for the reassurance! I think I'll leave her where she is, since she seems to have settled in so nicely. I've only seen her out and about once since she made her web, anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Looks pretty comfy to me and most Ts...even the avics don't need as much space as you think. Rule of thumb is about 4 times their leg span. I just got my friend a 5" A. Metallica and she's in that same 7 x7 x 13 and it seems plenty for her. And like yours she hangs in the alcove behind the cork bark...lol. I wish I had pics cause I thought I was looking at a pic he sent me of his...lol. Same spot...same position...lol
Haha...twin spiders in twin tanks!

She looks comfy. I just wanted to make sure it was okay since she technically only has a little over twice her leg span in height and not even 1.5 x in width. I'm going to be putting a 2.5" P. metallica in the same size tank, mainly to avoid having to rehouse for as long as possible.