Avic. avicularia or metallica???

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Could just be the lighting, but with all the pictures ive seen of metallica on here, its almost identicle!

Was given to me for breeding as an Avic avic

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Looks like a beautiful A. avic to me.
It's easier to tell in person though...

diKe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
More A. avicularia than A. metallica ;)

But I think it is no "real" A. avicularia... I think it is mixed with something like A. metallica.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If it was 'mixed' with anything I would say versi over metallica.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Looks like a Avicularia avicularia....

Most of the Avicularia metallica that I have seen lack the reddish coloration.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks everyone! I was pretty sure the guy was an avic, just wanted everyones opinions also. :) Take care ya'll!

Austin

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The question would appear rather pointless. There are by popular consensus only a few Avicularia species that can be identified with any greater certainty. Avicularia metallica is not one of them.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably A. avic, has anyone else seen quite a few avicularia hybrids out and about? isay hybrids they maybe mis Id'd new species

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Avicularia sp. 'insert whatever you like here'. It's an Avic; that's all you can be sure of. However, it does not look like the "hobby metallica".

Cheers, Michael

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vys- wouldnt hurt to just ask the simple question would it. Was just curious as to its color, this sp's coloration seems a lot much brighter than most avicularia's I've seen. But thats just me!

Austin

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Well..here is my Avicularia avicularia.....the colors are spectacular on mine.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Austin S. said:
Vys- wouldnt hurt to just ask the simple question would it. Was just curious as to its color, this sp's coloration seems a lot much brighter than most avicularia's I've seen. But thats just me!

Austin
No, of course not. I asked that precise question some time ago, but have since learned what a swamp Avicularia taxonomy is. Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh.

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here,s a picture of a mature male A. Metallica, Quite a nice one me thinks....

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't think anyone at the moment can tell as probably there will be a big reduction in number of spiff someone will do a revision" but the pic reminds me spider which is being sold as A.azurklassi

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
To me it looks like an Avic avic that is in need of a molt maybe, unless it already molted recently.

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Add. info

To add to the choir it seems pretty clear that it is an avic. avic. The lighting is definitely a factor. If without the flash of the camera the hair is still a bright sheen like that futher consideration may be required. Good Luck!!

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks ya'll! Actullay, he isnt in need of a molt whatsoever, just ate a couple crickets about an hr ago!

Krissy K

Arachnopeon
I know this thread is OLD but, the picture given as a MM A. avicularia is an A. geroldi, my friend has one. Looks EXACTLY like that. A. avicularia have red hairs on their abdomens and A. metallicas hairs are white-tipped:
A. metallica

A. avicularia

A. versicolor

A. geroldi

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT MY PHOTOS!