Avic Avic hasnt ate in 3week

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im pretty sure she is in premolt but sense i am new to the hobby i am not 100%, She has not ate in 3 weeks, tried to feed her yesterday and she didn't eat. What do you think?

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im pretty sure she is in premolt but sense i am new to the hobby i am not 100%, She has not ate in 3 weeks, tried to feed her yesterday and she didn't eat. What do you think?
Yea I would have to say, probably premolt, there appears to be some darkening on her bald spot..

This will become almost black.

Things to look for when a tarantula is approaching a molt:

Heavier webbing
Lethargy
Refusal of food
Darkening of the bald spot
Dullness of the overall coloration (as there are new hairs growing undearneath)

It may just be that the Tarantula is full and doesn't want to eat anymore, as from your picture the abdomen is 250% larger than the carapace.. which indicates it is very full, especially in arboreals.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
You really think you need to feed it any more premolt or not? But yes looks like premolt, Keep well watered and wait.............:D

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You really think you need to feed it any more premolt or not? But yes looks like premolt, Keep well watered and wait.............:D
What do you mean "You really think you need to feed it any more"? 3 weeks ago she ate 1 super worm and ate a large cricket 8 days before that.....Does she seem 2 big?

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i'd have to agree definite premolt my B boehmei is in premolt too and hasn't eaten for two weeks don't you just hate it when they stop eating lol it bugs me so much when they're not eating cause i'm a worrier it's what i do

advan

oOOo
Staff member
She is a little chunky back there. Good thing she took it upon herself to go on a diet. ;)

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
definitely premolt! my b smithi just keeps eating but still no post molt signs, can't wait for that dark coloring like yours :D

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
Looks like premolt to me. I know it can be a bit frustrating. My b smithi stopped eating 4 weeks ago. Still waiting for that molt : / don't be too worried tho. Remember too that these are odd pets. They do odd things. When my L. parahybana went into premolt a few weeks ago, he just started burying his food.

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
If dogs had venom :p the wierd thing is he would bite envenomate them, bury them, and sit in his burrow for a while

Nature81

Arachnopeon
My avic has not eaten in a few weeks either. Shes moulting as I type :worship: