Australian Phlogius Kuttabul mating

LoneWolf4

Arachnopeon
Being my first ever attempt at mating this female I was a little nervous putting the male in with her last Thursday (18th April) morning. It only took about a minute, and he was tapping to her and attempting to mate straight away. It definitely looked like he may have been successful, and mating lasted several minutes. The male was removed unharmed. Fingers crossed she doesn't moult out before a is laid. I'll keep this male just in case that happens so I can try him again if she moults. All seemed to go perfectly so far. UPDATE: Saw the male Saturday (20th April) morning upside down under his sperm web, wiggling his pedipalps and filling his emboli. I'm thinking Thursday's mating was probably successful if he's refilling his emboli. I was thinking I should try the male again in a few days but when checking on the female, she's started digging underneath her hide log and blocked off both entrances. Hopefully she's not going to moult and has a sac. Will keep this male available to mate her again later in the year if she does end up moulting. The female is approximately 170mm and the male approximately 100mm diagonal leg span.

Attachments