Genus Augacephalus

PhilR

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

They're certainly nice spiders. The male situation is going to be interesting though :D

Rarer African males seem to be few and far between at the moment (over here anyway).

zLOST

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,
Very nice guy, Timo :)

Why no watermark this time?

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Ota,

cause it was done first withouth the thinking of posting communal! Just for "info" for a "friend". ;)

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This is a magnificent Genus, and who knows, when the new legislation is passed in February 2008, perhaps we'll get some breeding programmes approved, and do our bit for local conservation...;)

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know guys, I like my baboons, all Pterinochilus spp and more. And these animals in the pics are beautiful but to me they are P. murinus NCF but with a *7 pricetag.

Just saw some A. Breyeri slings going for 35 euros a piece. Just not worth it to me.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Pinkfoot, what did the new legislation say about breeding programs for the A. junodi? I would love to hear.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Pinkfoot, what did the new legislation say about breeding programs for the A. junodi? I would love to hear.
No change to the legislation that I know of, but a great many threats to close the hobby down totally...a bit like asking our locals not to smoke marijuana during a soccer match - lovely in theory, but without a hope in hell of being enforced. {D

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
does junodi have a lighter abdominal band than breyerii? a local shop has a pair of female Augies and the one i got a good look at had a far more distinct one than Spider-man 2's breyerii.

Rob

Last edited:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
0.1 4" Augacephalus sp. "Mozambique" (likely junodi)

a huge spaz, this one. i touch the side to get a better shot, and she leaps halfway across the tank. but i'm in love with the colors on her.

Rob Kuhn

Last edited:

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
0.1 4" Augacephalus sp. "Mozambique" (likely junodi)

a huge spaz, this one. i touch the side to get a better shot, and she leaps halfway across the tank. but i'm in love with the colors on her.

Rob Kuhn
doesnt look like junodi, nice tho

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm not 100% sure, so i said it's sp. "Mozambique" with junodi being a guess. i'm mostly going by the data from this site, which doesn't have photos for comparison between the two. i think she looks the most like metallica's female that i'm assuming is a junodi since he was continuing from an earlier post.

bleh. all i know is that she's quickly becoming my favorite within my collection.

Last edited: