Attempted P.nigricolor molt

Vayu Son

Old Timer
It just tried to molt but is not too bright of a specimen and didnt give itself room to flip. It hit the side of the container and had to flip itself right again. I guess itll try again since it has a webshell all down. Once its done I can finally sex it(i feel ashamed its already 4", but i got it at that size). And itll need new housing.

hoping to get some pics.

-V

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

It kept messing up, so i helped it flip over a little with my hands and tongs. But now it is uneven and leg 1 is underneath her pedipalp. its not all spread out like it should be, but shes flipped and molting and all I can do now is hope for the best :(

-V

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
so I take it the molt was successful? I just now saw the thread.
Congrats on the female!

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

this is her before the molt, brown with copper starburst on the carapace. Her new coloration is pitch black with blood red starburst on carapace and blood red marks on the backs of her front legs. She is also alot thicker now(I dont have a pick of her new self yet.)

-V

Attachments

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Again. This is her temp container but now shes gonna need a new home with the increased size.

-V

Attachments

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Webshell?

I guess itll try again since it has a webshell all down
Vayu,
What's a webshell? While my G.Pulchra was experiencing his/her first car ride, i opened his container and peaked in to see what I thought was mould all over the substrate. The entire surface area (which isn't much, but a lot for a s'ling) was covered in what I soon realized to be webbing. Is this what you mean by a webshell? Why did my s'ling deposit webbing everywhere while it was frightened by the ride?
Paul

p.s. your girlfriend is cute.

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
By webshell, I think he means the "webcarpet" T's tend to lay just before molting. And the furious webbing while scared thingy; why indeed? I was poking my last rosea just to piss her a bit off (actually to check if she was as aggressive as i presumed) and damn was she aggressive! after having snapped the forceps a zillion times she started webbing, almost the whole enclousure, and frantically too.. weird..

Edit: btw, that "she" rosea, molted out as a mature male which was switched in for a red phase rosea instead

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Yeah, I meant little webcarpet covering the substrate on a corner of the terrarium. "webshell" would more appropriately describe what my P.fasciata did, made a HUGE cocunut-sized web-ball for her to molt in.

Also, I think some T's shoot web-off when their nervous, but thats just from casual observation.

-V

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Re: ><

[
Also, I think some T's shoot web-off when their nervous, but thats just from casual observation.

-V [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL There's a Gary Larson cartoon that would be very appropriate here, but I suppose my posting it would be a copyright violation! Perhaps some of you other Larson fans know the one I mean.

Great pictures, and a beautiful spider! I'd like to own that species someday.

Joy

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
it IS a nice spider, but unless it's at least 10', I wouldn't pay that much for it ;) ;)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Vayu. One of mine just molted too. Everything went well. Did you get your's from Todd? If so, mine and yours are siblings. The pics of yours show they are the same size pretty much too.

Atrax

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I got mine from a local dealer who picked it up from a show somewhere. It's CB dated to 5/22/01. Its possible it came from todd somewhere down the line. Let me know when yours changes colors, mine got really thick and crimson red on black.

-V

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
I sell it to you for $5000.

-V
The check's in the mail. Just go ahead and send it to me ;)

Joy

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

sweet, thanks!

I was actually quoting rocky rococo from a "firesign theatre" production of "nick danger". Its a radio play and is available on mp3 here and there. check it out.

-V