ATS 2003 Conference Information

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Holley could probably give better information than me, cause she was there before. But as far as we know, a lot of people are staying there.

Absolutely, we should all meet up. We should make up some kind of Arachnopets code or something ... he he he .... must think ...... That way we would all know that people wearing a certain something are from here. :D

We are arriving (hopefully) on June 11th and leaving super early on the 15th.

Debby

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How about we each dress up like a different member of the Village People...we'd find each other with a great ease..lol. But yeah, especially if we're all staying in the same area, we should devise some way to meet up. If anyone has a cell phone I may give a choice person or persons my cell number and we a few others could do the same. Just using name tags would be kinda hard if we are out of the conference; besides...I don't wanna go around staring at everyone's breasts while I'm trying to find the arachnopets crew. lol. Not noticeably, anyway.

By the way..sorry about the mispelling of your name..lol...that was retarded.

Marcus

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
ok, I'm back.
the hotel is on the south end of town, the conference is at the college on the north side...about a 15 minute drive.
lots of people have cars, and are more than willing to drive around those who do not.
everyone I know is staying at the Quality Inn, and that is where the Thurs night get together is anyway. We are staying there from Jun 11-18. Decided to make a complete vacation out of it

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We are staying June 11-16 at the Quality Inn also. I'll be the one with the little girl AND the tribal tattoos... had to clear that one up... didn't want you to think Shelby and Holley were Emma and I. Since I'll be traveling with the SkinHeadDave Canadian Caravan, I may even shave my head again for the trip. I'd love to get one of those killer "scorpion on the shaved head" pics.

BTW Marcus, don't worry if you're not off probation... I'll be off duty and out of my jurisdiction. I hope you can make it.

Botar

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
yes, we don't want them to confuse us...haha...
The way to tell us apart is that I don't have any tribal tattoos, but if Botar's are covered up, you'll be hard pressed to tell who is who!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hence the bald head... now they'll just confuse me with Dave... or Bill... or any of the naturally bald masses who may be in attendance. Besides... NM in June? I'll be wearing tank tops guaranteed.

Botar

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Also, try to arrive in time for the get together/social hour Thursday night. It is outdoors between the bar and the pool at the Quality Inn. Ha,ha, the first year I quietly sat inside the bar for 20 minutes trying to figure out who the 'spider people' were. There were only a couple of cowboy types sitting at the bar and I felt really out of place. Finally I asked the waitress about spider people meeting for drinks. She said, Oh they're out on the patio and have been for a while." Boy, did I feel dumb. Wear a shirt, earring, necklace, pin, hat, anything with a spider on it and you'll be found. People usually go out night collecting after the sun sets. NO white socks! I couldn't go the first night because of my white socks and tennis shoes. (They glow in the black lights) Bad for bug collecting. John

Also, bring along deli cups cause you'll need them off and on all weekend.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL Botar. Nah, I got off probably two days ago. It feels soooo good. I almost always wear all black...so that's on the plus...but I have almost all white sox...go figure. I'll get some black ones. Not that I will EVER wear shorts...but just in case I do. I have toothpick legs so no one can laugh. I'll probably try to find a spider t or something to wear on the first night. I'll have my car, so someone can ride from the hotel with me if they need to. That's never a problem. I need to find out how early we need to live Thurs. morning cause we are arriving on the 12th and leaving on the 15th.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking forward to seeing you there. Don't worry about being teased about your legs... I have a feeling with this crew we'll all be in the "hot seat" at one time or another. You might as well give them your legs right off the bat.

And BTW, congrats on being off probation. Walking paper is not an easy thing to do.

Botar

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Do you think getting a scorpion tattoo on the back of my head would be a bit much as a means of IDing me? ;)

Botar: If you shave your head for the trip, Kug does too. Bill is already one step ahead of the lot of ya.

Cheers,
Dave

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So how does the night-collecting work? Does the entire group go out in a huge mob or do we break off into groups; and do we need to pick up a black light? I was wandering about that earlier and forgot to mention it. Also, is anyone bringing their own hisser?

marcus

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
people go out in groups. Sometimes a bunch of cars will follow each other to a place, then we all just get out and walk around. Some people have blacklights, and some of us just have flashlights. You don't want to stand in one spot too long, the harvester ants will crawl up your pants and bite the crap out of you (I know, believe me!).
Usually there are people going out every night. It's all rather informal.
A couple times, just standing around at the hotel, a mature male tarantula would just walk out from the bushes...it was really cool!
Some people bring their own hissers for the race, or you can purchase or rent one really cheap!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Do you think getting a scorpion tattoo on the back of my head would be a bit much as a means of IDing me? ;)

Botar: If you shave your head for the trip, Kug does too. Bill is already one step ahead of the lot of ya.

Cheers,
Dave
I like the scorpion idea, but I doubt you'd like it too much. Besides, you'll be easy to spot. You'll be the one with the Canadian accent in the group of bald guys... get your razor ready Kug!

Botar

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I will NOT be shaving my head for this occasion. I am weird enough looking as it is...I do however currently have a ghotee and will prob still have it in a month. Just look for the Tall thin dude with a ghotee a severly wind blown hair...

Why don't we just put a pic of our avatars on our name tags? Hell noone who doesn't already know what I look like would never guess that I'm the bald evil-clown dude.

John
];')

Last edited:

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why don't we just put a pic of our avatars on our name tags? Hell noone who doesn't already know what I look like would never guess that I'm the bald evil-clown dude.
Good idea, or if not the avatar, you could wear a clown suit, Dave could bust in comic book style, Debbie can just waltz on in with blood streaking down her face and I'll just pop up wearing my P. irminia on my forehead.
:D

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Originally posted by Ephesians
Debbie can just waltz on in with blood streaking down her face
Hmmmm ..... not a bad idea ... I guess I could do that too .... ;)

Debby

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I would love to do the evil-clown thing but it takes 4+ hours to get that stuff put on and the friend of mine who made the foam rubber facial prosthesis to do it.

John
];'E

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay, well we have Dave and Debbie covered; John's would be too complicated and I don't think my P. irminia would be all that cooperative. LOL...well I guess we're still thinking. I think whoever suggested the arachno-apparel was on to something.

In Him,
Marcus