At last.

bakeb01

Arachnopeon
i have searched for a similar thread but cant find one. apologies if im duplicating info
for as long as i can remember, i have been susceptible to strong reactions to my T's bristles, particularly my L.Klugi. I used to "cope" by putting my affected hand in hot water but my little sis has gave me the answer.i "borrowed" some cream from her that she had to an allergic reaction to something- Eurax is the brand name, its active ingredient is crotamiton. she got it without prescription from our local pharmacy, all i can say is its superb! the itching stops in a couple of minutes and lasts ages.

i obviously dont recommend people just handling their T excessively, but IMO it is an excellent thing to have just in case.

Do any others know of alternatives to medicine for stopping itching

(other than not handling ,that is!)

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the antiallergic creams don't really help with my urticating-hairs-itch (it disappears but returns shortly afterwards), but my doc gave me a hydrocortisone cream that works very well. in germany you need a prescription for it, though.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wear gloves and or wash your hands the second you are done. Some people even use tape to take the bristles off of their hands. If it bothers you that much use gloves and wash when done.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I learned the hard way and now...I just don't hold them. If I see them kicking hairs while I'm misting and feeding...I slowly back away and blow the hairs away from me that are in the air. I went to work once covered in red dots from the hairs and everyone thought I had a disease...lol

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The hairs never used to bother me but the last few times I have done any cage cleanings I have been itchy for days. I know it may sound strange but I tried some of that hair removal wax on the inside of my arm. I feel that it helped in some way, but it wasnt 100%.