Asian forest scorpion

Michelle Harp

Arachnopeon
So it is looking like my asian forest scorpion is about to molt. My question is should I turn off heating pad if it does indeed molt?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So it is looking like my asian forest scorpion is about to molt. My question is should I turn off heating pad if it does indeed molt?
You shouldn't be using a heat pad at all. What is the ambient room temperature that it is in?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Usually around 75. I was advised they like between 80-90. during the day the room is around 75 and at night cooler.
That's the temperatures they would encounter in the wild in which they would burrow to cooler temps to escape that heat. Then come out when it's dark and not as hot. The higher the temperature, the higher the metabolism the shorter the lifespan. Those high temps are fine if you are trying to raise it faster but if you want a long lived specimen drop the temp some.

Heat pads are not supposed to be used for burrowing species as they just burrow to get away from heat and they may burrow and get cooked. If you do use one it is fine on the side but then it defeats it's design but could work in elevating the ambient temp a few degrees.

77f-85f, I believe is perfect and not hard to achieve.