Asian forest scorpion beginner help

Scottlloyd735

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have bought an AFS and I am just wondering a few things?... The guy at the pet shop said it would survive at room temperature (bearing in mind I live in the U.K.) also what will happen if the tank is too humid or moist for the scorpion, will it die? Or can it survive a pretty moist tank?

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
It's best to prove addition heat. They do well under 80°F - 85°F
Heat lamp with a ceramic or infrared bulb is best

Scottlloyd735

Arachnopeon
It's best to prove addition heat. They do well under 80°F - 85°F
Heat lamp with a ceramic or infrared bulb is best
Okay that's great, my house is currently around 16 degrees C, I don't understand Fahrenheit degrees sorry, I am going to stick a heat mat to the side of the tank if that's fine? Will too much humidity and moisture kill my AFS?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hello, I have bought an AFS and I am just wondering a few things?... The guy at the pet shop said it would survive at room temperature (bearing in mind I live in the U.K.) also what will happen if the tank is too humid or moist for the scorpion, will it die? Or can it survive a pretty moist tank?
You want between 26 to 30 Centigrade and humidity around 80/85%.They like it nice and moist, just as long as the air in the enclosure is not stagnant. Good ventilation is important.