Article on Tityus stigmurus

inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We just completed an informative paper on Tityus stigmurus at TheInverts.com. If you are interested in the species, come check it out at the link below.

T. stigmurus Paper

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am positively surprised. That is actually a nice article, without nonsense in it....Couldn't find any solid errors or wrong info. Good info for hobbyists. Welldone:clap:

inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you for the compliments. Hopefully the paper provides hobbyists with some insight on the species.

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its worth checking out if you need info on them
more people should do articles on different species
like on venomlist with the scorpion of the month :D
they prove to be well used and needed so this is good for the hobby
its a hobby friendly profile on a species and care so again good work :clap:

GS

Arachnoknight
Its a nice writeup. Thanks for posting it up :)

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have always wanted to get this Sp. But never knew *HOW* medically significant their venom actually is.

Can someone throw a little insight my way?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have always wanted to get this Sp. But never knew *HOW* medically significant their venom actually is.

Can someone throw a little insight my way?
Google "Tityus stigmurus"........and then you run into lots of papers. One of the most studied species, venomwise.....

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I ran a google search already. I mostly found articles from venomlist(2 sting reports) and AB.

Both of which were not very informative. BrianS told me about his incident a year or so ago. I know he said it hurt...but aside from that not much else.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I ran a google search already. I mostly found articles from venomlist(2 sting reports) and AB.

Both of which were not very informative. BrianS told me about his incident a year or so ago. I know he said it hurt...but aside from that not much else.
Oh, strange that I found a bazillion papers about venom research then.:) Depends on what you feed Google, try Tityus stigmurus venom...
Sting reports aren't as informative as the papers that can be found, yes. And this species is very high on the medical significance list. Causes a lot of trouble in Brazil (scorpionism)...