1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Around the yard, southern Mexico...

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by Hunter-MX, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Philth

Philth N.Y.H.C. Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Looks like a Bonnetina to me. Pretty cool.
    Later, Tom

2. pato_chacoana

pato_chacoana Arachnoangel

The giant beetle is very cool. Very rich fauna you have there :)

Pato-

3. reptiledude007

reptiledude007 Arachnopeon

What I would give to live there.

4. Rydog

Rydog Arachnobaron

Turns out that you dont have to give very much...

5. Hunter-MX

Hunter-MX Arachnopeon

Did I miss something? What does that mean?:confused:

6. Rydog

Rydog Arachnobaron

very much money...

7. It costs more than most people realize. But apart from the daily living expenses, it's hard to make a good living. Yes, it can be cheap if you go for a vacation of 1 month and know your way around, but if you want to make a living with insurance and a pension and be able to afford a car, it's not cheap at all. It's easier in the States. I have family from Mexico and most work very long hours. I have a friend who works at a bank in Mexico City and his normal work week is 60 hours with no overtime pay. His only day off is Sunday and he told me he usually works at least a half day for free just so he keeps his job.

8. hamfoto

hamfoto Arachnoangel Old Timer

Nope...it's a Bonnetina sp. male.

Chris

9. hamfoto

hamfoto Arachnoangel Old Timer

It's a Vaejovidae scorpion...not dangerous. The Buthidae (Centruroides sp.) posted are the dangerous ones.

Chris

10. josh_r

josh_r Arachnoprince Old Timer

one day i would LOVE to travel southern mexico. do you ever see bolitoglossa or pseudoeurycea on any of your trips?? amazing pics and thank you for sharing!

-josh

11. Hunter-MX

Hunter-MX Arachnopeon

No sallies yet but I plan a trip soon up to see some in the higher country. I am way to low and dry for them down here on the coast. Thanks to everyone for the compliments and be sure to look at my other post if you enjoy the Mexican stuff here

12. tryme

tryme Arachnobaron

I would love that but at the same time be scared. We have NOTHING like that in london lol.

13. atrox

atrox Arachnosquire

Hunter-MX I've always enjoyed your posts on FHF and I'm usually requesting more inverts! This is so cool that you're finding scorps. Makes me want to head down your way and get the bonus of buzztails and scorps.

14. Aztek

Aztek Arachnoprince

[​IMG]

This looks like a C.Chiapanensis

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.