Armored Cricket Lifespan

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I believe they're pretty short lived - less than a year from egg to dead. There isn't a lot of information on line about keeping these, but I talked to a guy who had some at a Reptile Show a few years ago. I was tempted, but between the high prices he was asking ($95 each) and the short life expectancy, I passed on them. I suppose it would be worth it if you could get them to breed and keep them going for multiple generations.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Wow, not long at all. If I ever obtain a pair I would definitely try to breed them.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Yeah, you would definitely want a sexed pair, it seems many of the cool looking Orthopterans are short lived unfortunately, (JCs, Armored crickets, predatory katydids, etc.). Still, if I had the money to buy them I'd jump on the first offer I could find, from what I know imports are really rare in the US, but they are usually available in the UK. They are awesome insects and I'd love to try breeding some! :D

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
True! However, I hear they make a crazy noise like something out of a horror movie. :astonished:

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Somebody at Tinley park bought a whole bunch of them last year. We will see if he brings any this year.

RodG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Definitely a cool group of critters. Wish they.were easier to get.