Arizona

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just posting some pictures of some of the insects i've found in my backyard..

Centruroides exilicauda

Hyles lineata
(it used to be in my backyard at least! my cat killed it)

2 unknown caterpillars
the first one might be from type of sphynx moth, but i'm not sure

unknown huntsman

southern house spider? if anyone knows for sure i would like to know, they're all over our barn

a beetle i found on a dead bird i couldn't help but take a picture of

Phidippus johnsoni

wolf spider

its starting to get warm so i'm sure i'll find a lot more soon

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
By far the most colourful insect pins I've ever seen. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very kewl pics, especially the huntsmen. I wish my backyard got such nice stuff.

Crazyspidergirl

Arachnopeon
thats so unfair! all i get here in england is woodlice, garden spiders, ants, earwigs, brown slugs and brown snails!

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very kewl pics, especially the huntsmen. I wish my backyard got such nice stuff.
thanks, mostly its just widows and bark scorpions. its always a nice surprise when i find a huntsman though! i caught this one in my back yard about 6 months ago, shes an O. giganteus.

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thats so unfair! all i get here in england is woodlice, garden spiders, ants, earwigs, brown slugs and brown snails!
we have some nice stuff here but i always wanted to live somewhere a little more green. i love when i go out of state and i get to see slugs and sails! they're never here

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh man, I wish I lived near a place where I can find tarantulas. I'm not sure if there's T's nearby down here in Tennessee..I know there's Brown Recluse, but screw that, one bit, you're whole foot is black and flesh rotted. That huntsman is AWESOME!

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, I hope you didn't put the pin through the specimen itself... You see, that pin will eventually rust, and the specimen will be ruined. For insect specimens you need to use special stainless steel pins... Otherwise, it looks pretty good :)

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, I hope you didn't put the pin through the specimen itself... You see, that pin will eventually rust, and the specimen will be ruined. For insect specimens you need to use special stainless steel pins... Otherwise, it looks pretty good :)
it was for practice, the cat took a good chunk of its belly off and i've never pinned before so i figured it would be good to do it on something i could mess up
thank you