Arizona Bark Scorpion (Centruroides sculpturatus) Info Needed

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Ahhh I want one.

I think I'm like the only person in Phoenix who hasn't run across one yet... And not for lack of trying. I think my apartment complex is just too heavily sprayed with pesticide :(
I have several of these surplus to requirement, if you're still interested in them. My honors bio tutoring group is working with a colony, but we have a few too many. Message me if you're interested. Free to Arachnoboards friends, of course! :)

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Ehhhh I know that you are right but I don't wanna go outside lol. Being a 16 year old also heavily limits my range plus I don't have a black light. And my parents aren't too fond of driving me out to a bunch of empty areas just so I can get bugs. Aahh they'll never understand my love!
You have good parents!

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
Hi,
So for some background info I am From Phoenix Arizona, and recently i went to my Local Reptile shop and picked up a nice little Asian Forest scorpion as my First ever Scorpion ( i have a number of T's at the moment so this is not my first invert)
i was pretty excited as i have always been a fan of the Larger Scorpions, And when i got home i went and grabbed a bucket of substrate i had drying out back on a table in the sun(as it gets so hot here in AZ you can literally dry a full bucket in a few hours) i dont normally dry it like this but it was a hotter then normal day and figured it would be fine to dry while i was picking this beauty up. When i got inside i noticed there was a little 2 inch Brown scorpion Sitting Right on the side of the bucket!!

i was pretty shocked, and being the Invert Lover that i am, i quickly grabbed a deli cup and caught it. the bigger shock was when i researched native species to find out it is an Centruroides sculpturatus!!
Now i Plan to keep it for as long as it will live, not only because i am not a fan of killing bugs but because well, i dont just want it wandering around the back yard, or anybody elses yard for that matter, we have a lot of young kids in the neighborhood who wouldnt hesitate to mess with it and probably end up in the hospital as a result.

So at the moment i have it in a nice little deli cup that i have done up based on some research i did on their habitats/habits and what i know just as a native and what the area we live in looks like.

What i wanted was to maybe get some opinions on a few things like:
1. my current enclosure, how does it look and any changes you would recommend?
2. venom toxicity, research tells me its the most venomous in North America, and should go to the hospital if im stung, but has anybody here actually been stung and can tell of the experience?
3. Food/diet. other then crickets(so far he will only seem to eat small crickets 1/4"-1/2") is there anything else thats good to feed it?

and lastly whats your guys overall opinion on this specific species? do you enjoy them?

Im not to worried about getting stung and so far have enjoyed him. thank you for any feedback! View attachment 219738 View attachment 219737 View attachment 219739
I have a healthy fat trio and mine spend a bulk of their time on VERTICAL cork bark as others have mentioned. I wonder f the critter was drawn to the moisture of the bucket??? Good find. I don't know about the sting. Knock on wood ive never been tagged by any of my critters!