Arguing with people on Facebook about the brown recluse

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
no u guys r rong my friend got bit n lost ALL his arms
That was a joke, by the way.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
A friend was recently visiting family in Missouri when he got roped into inspecting a house. The owners of the house had recently heard all the hype about the recluse and were deathly afraid their house might have a few. My friend, who is a paradox, works for Orkin exterminators and has a degree in biology, donned his overalls and gave the house a thorough inspection. The family went outside during this inspection and waited in the yard in fear!

After over 3 hours searching every nook and cranny (and getting paid for it!) he gave their house a clean bill of health. Not a recluse or suspect web to be found. He suggested simply giving the house a very thorough vacuuming every week.

What he didn't tell the people was he collected, removed or killed, 44 L Mactans and a large number of egg sacks including one under the baby's crib.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I get tired of educating people about the reality of spiders, and get tired of telling people brown recluse spiders dont live in california, and cannot tolerate our climate.

I get tired of people ignoring everything and screaming "RECLUSE BITEZ", when they probably just developed MRSA by being dirty and never washing their hands.

...I'm tired of people :\