Argiope handling

AgentofKa

Arachnopeon
Does anyone have any experience with handling Argiope aurantia? Has anyone been bitten? I have three of them in my backyard and they are beautiful spiders. I've never handled them before but every time I see one I wish to pick it up. LOL.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they're not likely to bite you, and even if they do it won't have a really bad reaction. but they are very skittish, and are uncomfortable (well, as "uncomfortable" as an invertebrate can be) outside of their webs. although it probably won't do much damage to the spider, i really don't enjoy handling argiope at all.

AgentofKa

Arachnopeon
they're not likely to bite you, and even if they do it won't have a really bad reaction. but they are very skittish, and are uncomfortable (well, as "uncomfortable" as an invertebrate can be) outside of their webs. although it probably won't do much damage to the spider, i really don't enjoy handling argiope at all.
Thanks. The good thing about them is they are readily available in my backyard and in the summer I never actually have to hunt for them. Are the bites painful at all?