Argentina 2011

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
17th pic, spider on tree trunk....wandering spider maybe? incredible montage of pics!

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
17th pic, spider on tree trunk....wandering spider maybe? incredible montage of pics!
As in Phoneutria? It does not look like one, but definately a "wandering" spider of some sort, no webbing, just hunting.

Thank you for the comments!

Martin

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very impressive pictures of a beautiful country! I LOVE Argentina, it is probably my favorite country in the world besides Australia and New Zealand.

As a fellow Photographer and lover of Argentina, What Camera and Lens did you use?

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yes. well a Ctenidae of some type.
yes, I presume you are right

---------- Post added 02-02-2012 at 11:42 AM ----------

Very impressive pictures of a beautiful country! I LOVE Argentina, it is probably my favorite country in the world besides Australia and New Zealand.

As a fellow Photographer and lover of Argentina, What Camera and Lens did you use?
Thank you for the nice comments. I agree, Argentina is amazing! I cannot wait to go back.

On this trip, I had my trustworthy Canon 50D, the lenses were a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Canon macro EF 100mm L and the Canon MP-E 65mm macro

The crappy pics like the goats were just taken for fun with a crappy P&S, sometimes I am too lazy to change lenses on the DSLR.

Take care

Martin

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey all! Just got back home from a quick field trip to Chaco & Corrientes provinces trip ;)

Martin, really great post! I like what you wrote about the trip. I'm happy that you guys liked Argentina and everything went great in our trip. It was a pleasure to me, and can't wait for the next one! I must say that for a 1 week trip, the diversity of habitats and animals was pretty damn good!

And thanks to you I've learnt some good macro tips! Always fun and educative to go out with fellow photographers.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pato, nice to hear you are back, cannot wait to see some pictures and hear about it!

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No, I cauata is only supposed to be in the northern part of South America, ie Colombia/Venezuela, it should be Ischnothele annulata down there in Argentina.

Great picture Tarcan!

s

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thank you Obli and Stuart! I am still quite fond of that mygalomorph!