1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Are you threatening me?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by kitty_b, Feb 27, 2008.

1. kitty_b

kitty_b Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    i couldn't get a good picture (opening the container caused her to run and hide, though she kept up the threat posture inside her hide pot), but i think my p. cancerides has issues with me. this is the third time she's done this in as many months.

ps- those are just pieces of her molt on the ground. she won't let me retrieve them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all i can think of is this:
    [​IMG]

2. penny'smom

penny'smom Arachnobaron

Kitty, you are too funny!! That is a great comparison.

3. OMG! Is that a severed foot in the bottom right of the second pic!!!?:eek:

4. UrbanJungles

UrbanJungles Arachnoprince

Name her Cornholio.

5. It says on the first pic. that they are from her last molt and that the t would not let tank maintenance happen.:eek:

6. scolex

scolex Arachnoknight

Might be a shed, and my Nhandu chromatus did this for the first time today, so I tossed in a cricket, and munched it. Cool to see

7. Mina

Mina Arachnoking Old Timer

I have to agree with Danny. As for getting out the moult pieces, try giving her a nice juicy roach and while she is munching, get as much out as you can.

8. Rochelle

Rochelle Arachnoprince Old Timer

{D {D {D {D {D
    The reference was classic...
    Thanks for the giggle!
    + 10 party points.

9. Hahha...cancerides is da bomb, baby!

10. desertdweller

desertdweller Arachnoprince

Your cartoon is hilarious! Especially since that is exactly what I do when my OBT makes his rare appearance and does that to me....on his rear leg tiptoes.

11. kitty_b

kitty_b Arachnoprince

i think the best part is that she throws up the threat when i'm just walking around the apartment. it's not even provoked (at least by MY standards). obviously, she thinks i'm up to something. :wicked:

12. bluefrogtat2

bluefrogtat2 Arachnoangel Old Timer

long tongs

get yourself a pair of long tongs.i have quite a few very defensive spiders and use my tongs often.nice comparison by the way
    andy

13. kitty_b

kitty_b Arachnoprince

today i washed/refilled everyone's water dishes. as soon as i filled hers and closed the lid, she came running back out and threw up a threat pose.

crazy little bugger! :D

14. GartenSpinnen

GartenSpinnen Arachnoprince Old Timer

Your not in the "oh i have long tongs im safe" denial are you??? All i have to say is a very P'd off OBT and long tongs dont mean crap lol. You would be VERY suprised how fast defensive T's can run up some tongs...
    -Nate

15. kitty_b

kitty_b Arachnoprince

you just pray they strike AT the tongs and don't think to run UP them ;)

i only use tongs when totally necessary because i worry about them tagging the metal.

16. von_z

von_z Arachnobaron

Yeah, my huahini almost made it up my nice slippery metal tongs twice yesterday!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.