Are you threatening me?!?!?!

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i couldn't get a good picture (opening the container caused her to run and hide, though she kept up the threat posture inside her hide pot), but i think my p. cancerides has issues with me. this is the third time she's done this in as many months.

ps- those are just pieces of her molt on the ground. she won't let me retrieve them.

all i can think of is this:

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Might be a shed, and my Nhandu chromatus did this for the first time today, so I tossed in a cricket, and munched it. Cool to see

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D {D {D {D {D
The reference was classic...
Thanks for the giggle!
+ 10 party points.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your cartoon is hilarious! Especially since that is exactly what I do when my OBT makes his rare appearance and does that to me....on his rear leg tiptoes.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think the best part is that she throws up the threat when i'm just walking around the apartment. it's not even provoked (at least by MY standards). obviously, she thinks i'm up to something. {D

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
long tongs

get yourself a pair of long tongs.i have quite a few very defensive spiders and use my tongs often.nice comparison by the way
andy

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
today i washed/refilled everyone's water dishes. as soon as i filled hers and closed the lid, she came running back out and threw up a threat pose.

crazy little bugger! :D

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
get yourself a pair of long tongs.i have quite a few very defensive spiders and use my tongs often.nice comparison by the way
andy
Your not in the "oh i have long tongs im safe" denial are you??? All i have to say is a very P'd off OBT and long tongs dont mean crap lol. You would be VERY suprised how fast defensive T's can run up some tongs...
-Nate

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your not in the "oh i have long tongs im safe" denial are you??? All i have to say is a very P'd off OBT and long tongs dont mean crap lol. You would be VERY suprised how fast defensive T's can run up some tongs...
-Nate
you just pray they strike AT the tongs and don't think to run UP them ;)

i only use tongs when totally necessary because i worry about them tagging the metal.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, my huahini almost made it up my nice slippery metal tongs twice yesterday!