Are w/c Ball Pythons still being offered?

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have been out of the snakes for close to 10 years and am finding my way back. I am curious....years ago, the majority of the Ball Pythons (normal) were wildcaughts in varying sizes.
Do they still import them?

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes but it is becoming a rarity what you have to watch out for is farm raised....mostly for ticks

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, there are still wild-caught/captive-hatched/etc babies in large numbers, and they're all still in pretty crappy shape. Most of them still die. The bad care they get at chain pet stores doesn't help any.

Easily avoided by finding a private breeder instead. :) There have been cases of pet shops with ignorant or simply greedy employees who lied about whether or not a snake was captive bred. :mad:

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, there are still wild-caught/captive-hatched/etc babies in large numbers, and they're all still in pretty crappy shape. Most of them still die. The bad care they get at chain pet stores doesn't help any.

Easily avoided by finding a private breeder instead. :) There have been cases of pet shops with ignorant or simply greedy employees who lied about whether or not a snake was captive bred. :mad:
I am hoping to find some adults at some point in hopes of, (once they have been treated for parasites and de-ticked), breeding them and possibly getting some strange pattern or something not yet seen.
Boy....what a pioneer I am;)
Only just imagining how exciting it must have been for the first person to hatch-out some eggs to see an albino babe in the bunch.
Not much of a purist here.....sorry.

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're better off getting captive bred snakes anyway. Often wild caught adults either refuse to feed entirely or are extremely poor feeders in captivity...not to mention possibly carrying parasites.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am hoping to find some adults at some point in hopes of, (once they have been treated for parasites and de-ticked), breeding them and possibly getting some strange pattern or something not yet seen.
Boy....what a pioneer I am;)
Only just imagining how exciting it must have been for the first person to hatch-out some eggs to see an albino babe in the bunch.
Not much of a purist here.....sorry.
heres a link to where i got mines.....http://www.ballpythonmorphs.com/index.html
great group and they really know what they are doing.......