Are these eggs going to be ok?

monty1967

Arachnopeon
Are these eggs going to be ok?..... are they healthy and are they going to be ok in my incubator?

1000003677.jpg

The sac I pulled was from my Aphonopelma seemanni I waited 28 days to pull due to not knowing exactly the day she laid them. Are these eggs ok? I'm stressing the hell out here and I want to have slings. I've kept up with the humidity as well as the temp. They don't look dry and they're all this color. I've counted about 284 eggs. Any answers would help.

Last edited by a moderator:

monty1967

Arachnopeon
Thank you for getting back with me. I'd rather be waiting than having to stress wondering whether or not they're bad.

monty1967

Arachnopeon
I've searched all over the internet as to what to look for and only got little to no info. This is my first time. I bought my Aphonopelma seemanni and never maited her but coming to find out she had a sac. So once I seen it, I started to research as much info as I can. All I got was black, or shriveled eggs can be bad. It's just new to me really. Plus there's no eggs so its just a huge learning experience for me.

cold blood

Staff member
my Aphonopelma seemanni and never maited her but coming to find out she had a sac.
Well if you are sure the t has never been paired, then they can't be good and it would be a phantom sac...although they look perfectly healthy, without sperm from a male, there can be no babies.

Now if she hasn't molted in your care, she certainly could have paired before you acquired her.
All I got was black, or shriveled eggs can be bad. I
This is correct. But that's not what yours look like at all....that dried look, is just a look, and its normal, and they aren't dried at all.....when t eggs hatch, they don't "hatch" exactly like other eggs would do, instead the eggs will essentially molt and that first layer of skin on the egg will open and the EWLs (Eggs With Legs) will emerge.

These molted a few days after the pic. You can see the one at the bottom actually emerging

Here you can see the skins of the egg next to the EWLs.

Plus there's no eggs so its just a huge learning experience for me.
huh? no eggs? That's what your pic is.

monty1967

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry I meant to say "eggs without legs". You are correct she has not melted at all since I've had her! So it's promising. I'm getting more help from you than most of what I can find. It sucks because there's not very many reliable places to see and learn about these eggs. Youtube was helpful but most of these sites only really talk about ewls so thank you for explaining everything with the pictures! Helps a lot to understand!

cold blood

Staff member
"eggs without legs".
its actually eggs with legs
she has not melted
molted...theyre not butter...lol
So it's promising
That's good, so it is entirely possible they are fertile.

Something you can do is back light a few of them with a flashlight and sometimes you can see the legs of the growing spider within. Pretty cool to see. You have to look hard, but they are visible in these eggs.

so thank you for explaining everything with the pictures!
Hey we were all there at one time...its been a while, but I still understand your position and am happy to be of assistance.